Having the all Members show by default on Activity Stream

I have noticed that with I click on my activity tab it goes to the sites activity stream but tends to show only my activity versus the sites activity. Located here -- http://crosseyedgaming.com/activity

I have to click on the All Members like to see what's going on for the site. this makes the site look like not much is happening.

Is this normal?
And can it be set to show all members by default?

Thanks.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Rick,

If I've missed something here please feel free to let me know but I believe the full activity list is showing. When I click on that activity link I can see all the activity and I don't have to click "All Members" in order to see it. Could you maybe try taking a look at it using a different browser and not being logged in?

Thanks,
    David

• Rick Lewis
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

what I believe happens is , a user will click on say - friends only and then the next time they visit the page it shows friends only or another link.

I would think having it always show all members would make the most sense and then let the user choose another option to filter things if they want.

So it starts out correct on the first visit.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Rick,

Thanks for clarifying all that, I didn't quite understand earlier. But yes, that's the default behavior of BuddyPress as is evident in the BP Default theme. I've been taking a look at how to get it to always default to "All Members" no matter what setting the user was last on, but haven't found a resolve on that.

If I get the time to do that I'll definitely get that posted here, but hopefully someone around here will get to it before I do! :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.