Having to choose between submitting Q/A or subscribing to thread

Hi guys,

For logged in users, a subscription link is shown below the submit button: "Click here to be notified of followup answers via e-mail"

If someone has written out a question or reply in the text box and they choose to click the link to subscribe to the question thread, their input is not submitted - it is lost because the page reloads. All user input from the box is lost.

In real life, this is a huge annoyance for anyone who takes the time to type out a question or answer and loses it because the page abruptly reloads.

Most users will not realize that clicking the thread subscription link will cause them to lose their input.

Visitors on my website are already complaining about this. :slight_frown: Understandably.

Could this link be converted to a checkbox that people can check and then click submit?

That will ensure people's input is recorded and at the same time they are subscribed to the thread.

I hope you guys can do something about this. Thank you so much!!
Sonal

• sonalpan
    • Flash Drive

Hi Jack! I'm good thank you.

It almost seems like a necessary feature - people are complaining and I don't know what to do. :slight_frown:

Would you know an estimated time for this feature's release? My membership expires today and I don't want to keep paying simply waiting for this feature to be added.

I like the way Q&A is working on my website but I'm also starting to wonder how much of this plugin has been designed keeping real-life scenarios in mind - given that we need to pay $19 month after month after month just to keep our membership going - sorry looks like I'm on a rant here.

Thanks for your awesome support by the way!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there,

I hope you are well today.

Hopefully you still get this email notification, :slight_smile:

The developer in charge of the Q&A plugin recently left, one of our other developers has now taken the plugin over, I have spoken with him and he also agrees it would be a nice featured to be added.
    though I can't give you an ETA on when this will be added.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.