Having trouble install EduClean install

1. Site is at http://www.bostoncommons.net
2. The site just doesn't seem to be set up correctly and I'm not sure what I've done wrong.

Here's how I set it up:

1. I'm using the EduClean child theme (with parent installed) (not sure if this is the same as Edublogs homepage.)
2. I'm using the 6 "Featured Blogs" as neighborhood connections. North End, Back Bay, Downtown, Beacon Hill, West End & South End.
3. When you click through to those neighborhoods you get six subject areas for each of the 6 sites (real estate, shops & restaurants, arts & culture, jobs, tech & business, and news & community.
4. When you click through to the subject site (it's Educlean there too) you get six items. So for example at http://northendre.bostoncommons.net you get six "Service Headline 1". This is where I'll have actual real estate companies listed with the possibility of click throuths to their websites.
5. That means there are 6x6 = 36 sites. All sites are running Educlean child theme.
6. I have installed bbPress and network activated it.
7. I have ProSites installed.

Issues:

1. I had thought it might be better to use the Edublogs bbPress setup but I wasn't able to figure out how to install it correctly. I find the directions a bit confusing.
2. I seem to have the correct bbPress pages but they are only showing up on the parent site and not all the other 36 sites.
3. I have added some user groups which were successfully created but when I tried to add discussion forums they weren't added for some reason.
4. My categories are messed up. When I click on "carpenters" for example I get this message: "Sorry, we can\'t find the category you\'re looking for at this URL. Please try selecting a menu item from above or to the side of this message to get where you\'d like to go."
5. I don't know how to get the same categories to show up on all sites.
6. I don't know if I'm supposed to have universal posts or posts for each of the 36 sites.

Wondering if one the more experienced people with multisite/buddypress sites could go and sign up for a site and then give me some feedback. Should I start the site over from scratch or is it fixable in it's current form?

Thanks for your help!