Having trouble with multisite sign up on one site is sending all users to a different site

HI
We have a multisite with three sites - caregivermentors.com, careexperts.co and activityexperts.com
Caregivermentors.com is registered at GoDaddy and hosted at MDD.

For the other two domains, careexperts.co and activityexperts.com, we did the following:

Domains are registered at GoDaddy. Added A record at GoDaddy to point to dedicated IP at MDD Hosting.

On MDD Hosting, we added these two domains as PARKED domains.

On MDD Hosting, we then add A records for each domain that point to the IP at MDD as follows:

For careexperts.co, added *.careexperts.co A record
For activityexperts.com, added *.activityexperts.com A record

The problem is that when someone signs up to login to activityexperts.co - they are redirected to caregivermentors.com

Please help
we want each site to have their very own sign up etc

• michael
    • The Incredible Code Injector

done - granted you access - LOVE IT - so easy and has time limitations for added security
    Good luck and please fix my multisite issues and while you are there if you see anything else to fix please go ahead :slight_smile:

• michael

Hi - still waiting on your reply - gave you permission via dashboard to visit site and look at problems but to day no one has done so. Please try to fix this. Nothing I can do constructive until the multisite issues are fixed. Could just be your plugin - won't know until you check it out
    Thanks

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Michael,

Hope you're doing well today! Apologies for the delay.

The problem is that when someone signs up to login to activityexperts.co - they are redirected to caregivermentors.com

When I try to sign up on your site it loops me back to the membership selection. I believe this is happening because you have the register page set as your home page. Memberships sign up won't work if the main registration page is set as the home page.

Change that via: Settings > Reading.

Once you change that so the /register page is accessible at the normal /register url again then you shouldn't have any problem signing up on that site :slight_smile:

If you're still having issues there then please re-grant access so we can take a closer look at your settings. Look forward to hearing back Michael and thanks for all your patience here!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• michael

regranting access as the problem still exists:

Hi - so I changed the Home page to a sample page on the sites to get Registration off the Home page, as WPMU suggested. I registered on the website at activityexperts.com and it did work. It did NOT send me to caregivermentors.com.

However - when I then opened up a different browser and went to caregivermentors.com, it showed this new member on the Members page. I only signed up for activityexperts.com so that is the only site that I should be showing on.

Can you please check the multisite setup in detail including your plugin and please fix this problem
    thank you

• michael

just some more information - when I register for activityexperts.com and then am logged in - when I click on profile settings - it sends me to caregivermentors.com and tells me to log in

Can you please fix these multisite issues - Please check and see if we set it up correctly - domains etc and that we are using your plugin correctily

thanks
    michael

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Michael,

So sorry about this thread :slight_frown: clearly dropped the ball here.

I also just want to mention that if you have a dedicated IP then all you need to change is just the A record. So in this case you would direct the A record to your dedicated IP and that's it :slight_smile:

It take probably around 30mins to an hour for it to propagate then it would be good to go. No need for parked domains or wildcard subdomain entries.

Only time you would need to use parked domains is it you don't have a dedicated IP.

I know this probably doesn't help much now, but if you do re-visit getting a Multisite setup then just let me know. More than happy to help you get it setup!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.