Having trouble with registrations, media library, etc

1. In the admin settings, I have users setup to register and be assigned as 'classifieds' when they register, however, it is making them all Subscribers.

2. On the front-end posting, I can't upload an image. I click the button, then go to 'Upload' then hit 'Select' and nothing happens.

3. How can I change the link that gets sent to the user in the welcome email?

4. The code suggests there are messages after registering, but all it is doing is redirecting, no messages.

• Ash

Hello @Tim Haslam

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

1. In the admin settings, I have users setup to register and be assigned as 'classifieds' when they register, however, it is making them all Subscribers.

Are they registering from classified registration form or any other registration form?

2. On the front-end posting, I can't upload an image. I click the button, then go to 'Upload' then hit 'Select' and nothing happens.

It looks like a conflict. Would you please run a plugin conflict test? Please deactivate all plugins except this one and check if you still face the problem. If not, then enable one by one and check which one is causing the problem. You can see the flowchart here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Please let me know what you get.

You can change any of the email content from Classifieds > Settings > Notification Settings section. What do you want to send instead of the link?

4. The code suggests there are messages after registering, but all it is doing is redirecting, no messages.

Please explain more about this.

Cheers
    Ash

• Tim Haslam

1. No, there is no other way to register.

2. This is working now. It may have been a connection issue last night.

3. There is no where on that screen to change the email the user gets when they register for the site.

4. In the code, specifically page-signin.php, there is this code: `<?php if ($register == true): ?>

<h3><?php _e('Success!'); ?></h3>
    <p><?php _e('Check your email for the password and then return to log in.'); ?></p>`

But that isn't showing up anywhere. Right now when a person registers, they are redirected to the classifieds (I did this so they didn't go to the homepage) but there is nothing that tells them what to do next.

• DavidM

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply here. I've been following up with your email and was able to replicate 2 of the issues you've mentioned here and have notified the developers. We'll get those few items fixed up right away!

Meanwhile, I'll reply to your email in just a moment with more detail. Thanks for your patience with this, looking forward to getting this sorted for you asap!

Thanks,
    David

• Hoang Ngo

Hi Tim,

I hope you are well today.

When user register, they still get the WordPress default role, after they purchase they will get assigned to Classifieds role. I just saw the bug of free listing, for fix that, Please add this code to your theme functions.php or use mu-plugins

add_action('save_post_classifieds', 'assign_user_role_for_classifieds', 10, 3);
    function assign_user_role_for_classifieds($post_ID, $post, $update)
    {
        if ($post->post_status != 'publish') {
            return;
        }
        $options = get_option('classifieds_options');
        $options = $options['general'];
        $c_role = (empty($options['member_role'])) ? get_option('default_role') : $options['member_role'];
        $user = new WP_User($post->post_author);
        $update = true;
        foreach ($user->roles as $role) {
            if ($role == $c_role) {
                $update = false;
            }
        }
        if ($update) {
            wp_update_user(array(
                'role' => $c_role,
                'ID' => $post->post_author
            ));
        }
    }

So after they add their first classified, their role will be updated :slight_smile:

Just for clarify, you mean the activation/welcome email sent when an user signed up?
    If so, the Classifieds plugin doesn't handler it, you will need to use 3rd plugin to update that, SB Welcome Email Editor is an example of WordPress plugins let you do that

4. In the code, specifically page-signin.php, there is this code: `<?php if ($register == true): ?>

<h3><?php _e('Success!'); ?></h3>
    <p><?php _e('Check your email for the password and then return to log in.'); ?></p>`

But that isn't showing up anywhere. Right now when a person registers, they are redirected to the classifieds (I did this so they didn't go to the homepage) but there is nothing that tells them what to do next.

Perhaps a conflict, Could you please follow this guide to enable the staff access? I would like to take a look at your config :slight_smile:

I'm sorry for this inconvenience and many thanks for your patience.

Best regards,
    Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.