Having trouble with updating wordpress

Hello, Hope the team is feeling great and in good spirits.

I have notice that i don't see the wordpress update link. Not sure if this is why ive been experiencing nagging little problems or not. I believe i am currently using 4.2.1 version of wordpress. Also, im not sure if it's an activated plugin, some configuration i may have made in a plugin or what. I have disabled all plugins to see if the normal update message would appear any where.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Thomas,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

I just checked your site and can see the issue you are referring to, and in dashboard it does say that you are running 4.2.1.

Were you able to perform the updates before from the dashboard, I'm wondering if there is something server side blocking the new version notification.

Did you check your .htaccess and wp-config.php files for any rules that can be causing this?

You might want to contact our hosting provider about this or maybe go with the manual update:
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrading_WordPress_Extended

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Thomas

I've made no changes to .htaccess since the initial multi-site setup. I have always seen the update before and notice this in the last week or 2. Perhaps since the release of the update. I am out of town and using a chrome book, so i am unable to maually update through ftp (filezilla - incompatible with chrome book). I spoke with my hosting company, after checking on things they suggested that i contact you guys (or wordpress), as this seems to be a wordpress or plugin issue. Also, updating manually will mean that i would have to do a manually upgrade/update every time there is a new update for wordpress. Im afraid of security, stability and compatibility issues.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi @Thomas,

It looks like support access has expired so I couldn't have a look at the plugins you have installed but I don't think this could be the issue.

Could you send us your FTP login details so we can investigate this further?

You can send us your details using our contact form and the template below:

IMPORTANT: Make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic so it doesn't go back to forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.