HB and pagespeed says the images are not optimized but smush says they are

I have smushed all of my images, tried super smush and smush plugin says all of my images are smushed. But when I look at my Hummingbird score it says images are not optimized. Even google pagespeed says the same.

Any help is appreciated!

• Sohag Ronjon Dey

Hi Ben,

Hope you are doing well today! :slight_smile:

I have gone through your site. I have found support access is activated for two sites. After testing the page speed of the two sites I assume that you are mentioning about the tosmilewithstyle[dot]com. Please correct me if I am wrong. In this site I have found that all the 106 images are optimized. After investing the images suggested by Hummingbird and google page speed I have found those are scaled down in your content compared to the actual file dimensions, this means that in your home page the theme is loading a larger image and then being displayed smaller using CSS, specially the images in MEET YOUR DENTAL TEAM section. Please also check the attachment.

To optimize you can crop or scale those images using the WordPress image editor to match the embedded size in your content, for example the embeded size of the images in MEET YOUR DENTAL TEAM section is 197X197 where the actual image size is 360 X 360. If these images are used somewhere else, like in single posts, with a higher resolution, we can’t just resize the initial images, as this will shrink them in single posts. In this case, the template part of homepage should be changed to fetch a smaller thumbnail instead. Hope this helps.

Please let us know if you need any help.

Cheers,
    Sohag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.