HB JS minification doesn't seem to be working fully.

I’ve enabled Hummingbird Asset optimization, and they all report as compressed according to the Asset optimization page.

However, when I run my site through GTMetric for example, it still says that I need to minify JS (tho it says the JS files needing minifying are being served from HB CDN, which they should already be)

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.myxxxxxature.com/OOCcWPWk

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Timothy,

Looks like the issue was with Cloudflare caching so when I cleared that from HB settings and run another file re-check the notifications about files being minified already are gone.

There are still reports in GTMetrix though, and I believe that we’re still dealing with some caching here because those files are not reported in Google Insights tests, can you try clearing cache directly from Cloudflare and run another test after that on GTMetrix?

Best regards,

Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Timothy,

It seems that something is not working properly in GTMetrix tests, if you switch to YSlow tab you will see that there are no files reported, and if you run a test with Google Page speed and Hummingbird performance test you will see that files are minified.

PageSpeed tab in GTMetrix is using Google Page Speed Insights to get the score but on direct test with Google Insights, those files are not reported.

It looks like the GTMetrix is still not getting the correct files for some reason so perhaps you can try combining some of the files in Asset Optimization and that would refresh the score in GTMetrix.

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.