Header message styling

I am trying out the e-newsletter for the first time.

I am using the Minimize Template and was wondering how to adjust the CSS for the subject line so that the font is much smaller.

It is supposed to be a Minimized template. The content section can be altered by simple HTML but how do I access the subject line to decrease the font size?

Also are the no shortcodes for the subscribers' first names? Having a newsletter plugin that has to be sent without using the firstname is like sending spam. People want to think they are special and not including a name is totally against the rules.

Any help on these 2 topics would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Arun Basil Lal

Hello MMwebmarketer,

I created a new template with the Font size reduced to 40% of the original. Find it attached.

- Download the MinimiseSmall.zip
    - Extract it
    - Upload the folder MinimiseSmall to wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/templates using ftp
    - Now when you visit wp-admin/admin.php?page=newsletters-create you will see a new template "MinimizeSmall", use that and the header will be small :slight_smile:

Also are the no shortcodes for the subscribers' first names? Having a newsletter plugin that has to be sent without using the firstname is like sending spam.

That is quite surprising for me as well, I will file this in as a feature request and hopefully this can be incorporated to one of the future updates. Thanks for bringing this up!

Do let me know how that goes. Thanks!

• MMwebmarketer

Hi Arun,

thanks for that update.

Believe it or not, one of the most important aspects of newsletters or email marketing is the use of the person's name. It has a positive impact that results in more people reading the message and continuing with their subscription.

I also noticed that there was not way to edit the subscriber information and actually add a first name or last name.

When we get subscribers in membership programs, getting a first and last name is part of that.

Maybe using some the code from the new membership plugin would simplify that.

Anyway, for now I will have to continue to use MailChimp.

thanks,
    RG

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.