Header & Navigation Settings

http://roadtripjunky.com

I'd like to do 2 things with the header and navigation bar.

1 - If you look at the website you will notice that every single catagory is displayed as a link in the header. How do I get rid of that?

2 - In the navigation bar, there are two rows...an upper and lower. The lower row is redundant to the Community drop down link in the upper row. How do I eliminate the lower row?

I've looked around the settings and haven't been able to find a setting for these items.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Jeff

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Jeff,

There's not an option for that in the interface. What you'd have to do is make a quick edit to one of the theme files: /bp-daily/library/components/buddypress/buddypress-navigation.php

In that file, you can just delete everything and replace it all with the following:

<div class="page-navigation">
    	<?php wp_nav_menu( array('theme_location' => 'primary', 'menu_class' => 'sf-menu', 'container' => '', )); ?>
    	<div class="clear"></div>
    </div>

That should leave you with just that one menu area. Please let me know if you have further questions on that!

Thanks,
    David

• jwchameleoncorp
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi David!

Thanks for the info.

I copied the file to my desktop. Then I deleted the existing code, and pasted your exact code into the file. Then I copied it back to the same directory that it came from.

The site looks the same. Did I do something wrong?

Thanks for your help,

Jeff

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we'll get onto it and helping you out asap!

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.