headre.jpg

How do I change the header.jpg located in bp-social>_inc>images>header.jpg?

I tried to FTP a new image to that location, but it completely wiped out the little box that originally had the image of a boy with a box on his head.

Being that that box is wiped out, am I going to have to do something else to restore it? I tried going back to the default settings in the Theme Options, but that did not work.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi y3kgeek,

The header.jpg image in that folder is the boxhead image, so yes, overwriting it will replace that image. To get it back you'll have to overwrite it again with the original image, perhaps from a freshly downloaded copy of the theme.

As for the header itself, you wouldn't need to do anything with that since the theme already includes a header option in the admin interface, which by default should be blank.

Was there something else you were trying to achieve with this?

Cheers,
    David

• jdsullivan411
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

The header.jpg image in that folder is the boxhead image, so yes, overwriting it will replace that image. To get it back you'll have to overwrite it again with the original image, perhaps from a freshly downloaded copy of the theme.
    As for the header itself, you wouldn't need to do anything with that since the theme already includes a header option in the admin interface, which by default should be blank.
    Was there something else you were trying to achieve with this?

Well there is nothing in the boxhead now, even though I uploaded a different image. It would make sense that it would just display whatever image is there, wouldn't it? Is there a place in the Admin where I should be changing the image? I mean seriously, who wants a boxhead image on their web site? It doesn't have any meaning to our site and i doubt it means anything to other people's sites.

What I am trying to achieve is to use this space for a logo with the title of the site, a pic of the host of the show, etc. The header.jpg I made is the same size as the boxhead. I want to use this spot instead of the header for the logo because of positioning, and I rather have advertising banner in the header and you can't have both.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.