Headway not playing well

First issue upon install was attempting to "hide from Navigation" the pages so I could add products, test purchases w/o public visibility. That option is no longer there even after deactivating plugin. Currently seeking response from Headway; WP forums.

On install of MarketPress, customized settings first. Added products w/o issue. Went to Store page and the only linked that worked was the category created for Products. No sign of cart, products in cart, checkout option, etc. Added HTML/PHP leaf to put in shortcode, which didn't work. Added widget leaf and added shopping cart this way, and this worked. Then the Checkout link goes to blank page as does Order Status. The only page that existed was Store, so added Checkout page as a sub page of Store so it would match the default slugs, still brings up blank page.

Found the post that MarketPress doesn't quite jive with Headway due to the way pages are added, which I was told was outdated info, and here I am. Can't easily work with the pages and have no idea what to do next. I have done pretty well using Headway up until it was time to add a shopping cart, which sent me into completely unknown territory with one step. Originally was using WP eCommerce plugin cart and their most recent update removed key shortcode features (without warning that caused all products costing $0) which forced all of this.

• mjurgens
    • New Recruit

I have also now completely deleted any trace of the plugin to attempt a fresh re-install, through my FTP client, and when I re-install it all of my settings are still there so obviously some files are getting put some where else, which also means the re-install is not working either.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi mjurgens and welcome to WPMU DEV!

I'm going to ask the developers to take a look at this one as well, but just to check, are you using the latest version of Headway? Also, are you using MarketPress version 1.3.1?

Just to mention as well, the settings for both Headway and MarketPress are stored in the database so re-installing the files wouldn't reset those.

• mjurgens
    • New Recruit

So if the settings are stored in the database, would this effect a "squeaky clean" reinstall?? My theory was by just starting fresh maybe the pages would add themselves as they're supposed to? Upon my reinstall none of the pages installed that time - even the Store page, which, first time around did install.

Running Headway 2.0.9, MarketPress 1.3.1, WordPress 3.1.1.

Thanks.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya mjurgens,

Thanks for reporting this. We can confirm this issue using the 2.0.9 Headway theme and the MarketPress plugin. We're looking into this straight away and will update the forums here and you'll be updated in your WordPress dashboard as soon as a fix has been released.

Apologies for the wait and thanks for your patience here :slight_smile:

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@bmcclain123, I'll take a look with you on this matter in your other thread and answer any specific inquiries you have there.

@mjurgens, I'll be more than happy to assist in getting everything working for you in a feasible manner if you'd like to let me know any specific questions you have here. As Mohanjith mentioned, you can get the Store page up and running by loading that page in the Visual Editor and saving it.

You'll be able to customize it as well, from there. As for the other pages, you can simply change the default slugs in MarketPress (at Products > Settings > Presentation) to something other than default, and then simply create new pages with those slugs and use shortcodes to display everything you need.

So for instance, you can create a new page named Products (using the 'products' slug as well) and insert the shortcode [mp_list_products], in order to get your products list.

I'll be happy to expand on this if you have further questions on this.

Thanks,
    David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi guys, I'll close out this thread at this point as we haven't heard back from ya on the matter. We'll be glad to take a look at getting these things working for you though. Just let us know what in specific isn't working for you and we'll get working at it. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.