Hello Support, my question is about cleaning a wp auto blog site that has been hacked

I've had these wp auto blog sites for a couple of years now and since I was hacked [about 18 months ago] I have not updated anything except I've really tightened my security up and whilst I have not been hacked again I want to completely start afresh and wanted to know what the best way of doing this was.

If I clean the site completely of all content, posts etc, [blank canvas] will that create page rank issues later on because I've deleted all the history?

Is there a wp plugin option that can be used to sort this issue?

I've joined wpmudev to enhance my skills and understanding of not only wordpress, but online marketing in general, so this is effectively a new start for me

I look forward to hearing from you soon

Kind Regards, Graeme Austin

• aristath

Hello there @ausgra, I hope you're well today!

If I clean the site completely of all content, posts etc, [blank canvas] will that create page rank issues later on because I've deleted all the history?

No, you won't have any issues like that.
    The only issue you might have is if any external sites link to a page on your site then that link will return a 404 error.
    If you have not invested a lot of time in building your content and reputation then starting anew is the best option. :slight_smile:

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• aristath

what is the best plugin option to use to clean he site?
    If you want to start completely fresh, then the best option would be to simply open up your database using a tool like phpmyadmin (usually all hosts provide that) and delete all the tables in there.
    This will have as result to get an almost fresh copy of WordPress. So when you visit your site after deleting the content, you'll get the installation screen where you enter the sitename, adminname etc.
    If on the other hand you simply want to delete the content, then you can go to Dashboard => Posts and delete all posts from there.
    There's no plugin to clean up your site... it depends on how deep you want the clean-up to be!

What is it EXACTLY that you want to delete?

Please advise,
    Ari.

• ausgra

Hello Ari,

Apologies for my slow response... you have indicated that there is no plugin to clean up my site but there is!! As I have already said in my initial question: "I want to totally clean my wordpress site so it is a blank canvas".

I've found a few options that you don't seem to know about [1] WP Clean Up and George from wpmudev contact suggested i use either [a] wp database reset and or bulk delete as other options. I have uploaded both wp clean up and wp database reset and it seems this has done exactly what I have wanted.

So thankyou for at least responding and if you find some other wp cleaning plugins please let me know.

Regards, Graeme

• aristath

I've found a few options that you don't seem to know about [1] WP Clean Up and George from wpmudev contact suggested i use either [a] wp database reset and or bulk delete as other options.

The WP Clean Up plugin might have the name you want, but the functionality is quite different to what you need: WP Clean Up can help us to clean up the wordpress database by removing "revision" "draft" "auto draft" and so on.
    As for the other 2 options suggested by George, If you read my above post you'll see I already suggested both of them.
    So I will repeat what I said before... there are no plugins to do what you want. Nobody would build a plugin that deletes everything from your database as this could be really risky.
    If this is what you want to do, then simply manually empty your database.

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.