Help

Help. I purchased WP in March, 2016. I am finally trying to get a website up but can't install the dashboard; all files are php files, no exe files. I think my user name is thecraftyangel. My website hosted by Google domains is the-crafty-angel.com. I don't have a website, only a domain name. I don't know if I have signed up for WP.org, or WP. com. Please consider me quite ignorant in getting my website up and running. I am a teacher, school starts again Aug 10, I am currently selling my goods at arts and crafts shows & festivals, and doing quite well - therefore I really need a website up and running for my customers. I might need to be walked through this via a phone call with me. Help..... Thank you. Peace and blessings.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Tamara,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'll be glad to help you setup your site by providing you with step by step instructions, however please note that we do not offer services such as setting up websites so you do not feel comfortable with all this "tech stuff" you may want to consider hiring a pro that would set the site for you. You may post such a question at our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

That being said, if you'd like to give it a go on your own it would be best if we could go through this "step by step". First of all, I think you should decide whether you feel like being able/willing to keep up all the setup and maintenance work for your site or you'd rather agree for a bit more limited features but instead wouldn't need to care for all that "tech side".

The first option means setting up a "self-hosted WordPress site". This requires:

- a domain name (which you already have)
    - a web server (hosting account)
    - a bit of time an technical knowledge (or willingness to learn)

The second option is much simpler and actually requires registering an account on wordpress.com site. Since you wan't to add your own domain there you'll need to register a paid (VIP) account.

I know this may still sound slightly "blurry" to you but before we go any further with this I'd like you to be 100% sure what kind of tasks and difficulties are your facing and to decide whether you're ready to go or would rather prefer hiring a pro :slight_smile:

Looking forward for your replay,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.