Help: CustomPress is not restoring properly from backup.

I made a copy of our website to move to a production server. I hand-dumped the SQL from MySQL and manually moved the files. There are no domain conflicts in MySQL and the site functions properly except for CustomPress. All of the settings are blank in WordPress and my custom content types and custom fields are missing. The database has the data for the plugin in wp_options (i.e., cp_options, ct_custom_fields, ct_custom_post_types, etc. and the related data) and wp_postmeta for the field and post data. I tried deactivating and reactivating the plugin. The plugin version is identical (complete WordPress directory copy). Ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

The way I would normally go about it is to install on the new machine with everything and activate the plugins so there’s no issue of first startup stomping on anything and then I would restore the database.

but i really should not be that fragile. Especially on the settings themselves. Did you have it on Multisite?

• KevinDLyons
    • Flash Drive

A quick update. After moving the site I recreated the Custompress custom content types and the posts repopulated and linked back up however the content types would not appear in the Headway visual editor or in Gravity Forms using the custom content types plugin. When the site was restored back to the development server I still had to recreate the content types and everything linked up but everything worked perfectly.

The discovered issue was the development server is running PHP 5.2.x and the production server was running PHP 5.3.x. We downgraded the production server to 5.2.x and everything worked as advertised.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Kevin

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Kevin,

Happy to hear that you got this resolved and know doubt the difference in environments happens all the time.

Countless times I have helped with tickets where the person builds it on one site or server and then moves it to its home and it does not work for one reason or another.

I suggest that they always build live for this very reason, but hey, what do I now :wink:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.