Help! I cant access the admin panel for my network because I mapped the wrong domain

I mapped the main domain of multisite install incorrectly, and because I configured it so that you can only administer using the mapped domains I cant edit, delete or access the admin for network, all my other subdomains work fine its just the main site that I can't access (because it redirects me to the wrong domain i entered). Please help, thanks!

• chrawad
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Since the network admin panel is on the main domain domain once I click network admin or go to mywpmssite.com/wp-admin/network it automatically redirects me to the faulty domain.

Is there any way to edit those settings from the php file or from the database?

• chrawad
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

was just reading your usage info on the plugin and

Adding a domain name which is not resolving correctly in this instance will make that admin area inaccessible. Honest, we warned you!! :wink:

I did that but not to a subdomain but the main TLD domain, any help would be appreciated!

As a last resort should I just delete the plugin via ftp? I would not want to do that just because I have clients sites on the network and wouldnt want there to be a disturbance, thanks let meknow

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

You can remove the record from your database.

You will need to log into MySQL, perhaps through PHPMyAdmin and then and then find the table:

PREFIX_domain_mapping

You will also fine in the following table:

PREFIX_sitemeta

multi_domains_cross_domain_DOMAIN

You should find the record in there I believe. If remove those don't help then let me know and I'll take another look in my DB to see if there is anything missed.

Take care.

• chrawad
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Fixed it! just incase anyone goes through something similar this is what I did:

went to the domain-mapping.php file and around line 85 it should read:

case 'mapped': $this->redirect_to_mapped_domain();

I deleted redirect_to_mapped_domain(); and added $this->redirect_to_orig_domain();

from there I had access to go back in dashboard and make necessary updates before reverting back to the original file.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.