Help in creating a video based subscription site

I would love to hear some of your ideas here. I'm looking to create a subscription based video site. I'd like to have a number of educational videos that people could search by subject and by keyword.

Any suggestions on themes currently trying BuddyPress. And plugin ideas would be great too.

Ultimately going to pay someone to develope this site just need something up as an example.

Thanks

• Timothy Bowers

Hi badamk.

For the membership part you could use the WPMU Dev "Membership" plugin. That will enable you to protect any type of content you add to a post or page.

For further details about the plugin you will want to checkout the following page:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership

You'll then be able to create Membership 'Levels' which can access different types of content, ranging from 'free' (i.e users just visiting the site) to any number of paid levels. You can control access to:
    Downloads
    Categories
    Pages
    'More' tags
    Galleries
    BuddyPress groups
    BuddyPress blogs
    And *any content or functionality* (like forums!), via multiple different shortcodes

And as for themes.... Well what do you have in mind. Simplistic, blue, red, large fonts, small fonts. It would be really hard to say without knowing what you have in mind and how you think your site should look.

Do you have any ideas of how you might want it to look?

Ultimately going to pay someone to develope this site just need something up as an example.

If your paying someone to develop this for you, then really the sky is the limit in terms of design.

It would be interesting to see how you get on with this, please keep us in the loop! :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.