Help! Installed Status and my Activity stream and forums are acting differently...

I just installed this plugin and am really psyched because it's doing what I wanted: allowing me to use a widget to display admin updates on the Welcome page of a member site.

However! I now see that a few other things have changed without my having done anything:
1) The BuddyPress sitewide activity stream now displays only updates, no recent replies in forums, etc.
2) I posted a new reply in a bbPress forum, and the reply was posted above the original post.
3) Less of an issue, but the style of my "submit" and "delete" buttons also seems to have changed.

I'm also worried that if another user posts an update on their BuddyPress profile page, it will also post in the Status widget I've created on the Welcome page. Do I need to do something else to ensure that only updates created by an admin are shown there?

• Amy
    • Flash Drive

UPDATE:
    1) I realized I could change what was showing with a little dropdown menu; I changed it back to "everything" and that seems to be sticking so far.

2) I figured out why this was happening (totally unrelated to the plugin) and was able to fix it.

Still looking for insight on #3 and the question at the end regarding admin-only updates. Thanks!

• Amy
    • Flash Drive

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for your response.

Because this is all inside a membership site, there aren't any outward-facing pages I can link to, but I am attaching a couple screenshots. One is the "submit" button in the bbpress forums where you would post a reply, one is the "search" button in the sidebar widget, and the other is the "delete" button in the activity feed for buddypress. I honestly don't remember exactly what they looked like before, but know they are different now.

So some of these are buddypress functions (Activity) and some bbpress (Forums), but somewhere the Status plugin seems to have tweaked this.

I think it's actually better that this plugin isn't meant to work with BuddyPress, because what I'm trying to achieve is really outside BuddyPress. As the admin, I just want to easily post updates about what's happening on the site; I don't want it to change anyone else's capabilities/behavior.

I did a test last night from a user account and it appears that their updates do not appear where I want my admin updates (written via Status) to appear, so that's good.

I took a look at the other plugin you linked to and it looks like my BuddyPress already does all of that anyway, so I'd like to continue with Status. This button-changing thing isn't a dealbreaker, but I would like to be able to fix it.

Let me know if you have any insights on the buttons!

Amy

• Jake
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Amy!

Hope you're having a great day.

Regarding your issue with the buttons, I was able to recreate what you were facing and I'm calling in our developer to look into this bug.

Basically, the activity feed buttons get rounded corners when you enable the status plugin on buddypress. Disabling status returns them to their original style. I've attached screenshots of the effect below.

Please keep in mind though that plugin developers have a lot of responsibilities so this might take a bit longer than a normal ticket.

In the mean time, if you run into any other issues, please let me know.

Cheers
    Jake

• Tyler Postle
      • CGO

Hey Amy,

Glad to hear everything else is working fine here :slight_smile:

Do you mind granting support access just in-case it is needed? You can do this via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access. Then we should be able to see the issue first hand on your install.

All the best,
      Tyler

• Amy
    • Flash Drive

Thanks, Tyler. Just enabled the support access (very cool feature!).

(And FYI it appears that this is not just BuddyPress buttons but sitewide... I just installed the free Business Directory Plugin and all the buttons in the directory/listings look strange too.)

Thanks!

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Amy,

I hope you are well today

Please use the attachment, and replace the file /Users/hoang/Work/WPMUDEV/wp-content/plugins/quick-status/css/widget-front.css

I also will flag the developer about this bug too, so he can release a fix in future release :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for your patience.

Best regards,
    Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.