Help me modify the outputs of Forminator form fields.

I would like to modify the output response of submitted form data. I specially need to have commas in the number field and dashes in the phone number field.

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hi Rabecca and sorry for the late reply.

I'll need some more information from you in order to help out here. Do you want dashes and delimiters for currency only in the front-end or do you want those to actually be registered like that in the database also i.e. view the same delimited + dashed numbers in the submissions as well.

Also you'll have to tell me exactly how you want them to be configured I.e. a phone number in the way that you want it and if the currency will have both delimiters for thousands and decimals as well.

Regards,
    Konstantinos

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Rabecca,

Thanks for getting back with further information. I'm pinging our SLS team regarding this so that they could further check regarding the requirements, and get back to you with a possible solution asap.

Please do note that SLS works on complex issues, and have a slow response time. Will keep you posted via the ticket asap.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Tho Bui
    • Staff

Hello Rabecca,

This is currently not supported by Forminator but can be managed with some custom snippet. We have prepared a simple plugin, which should be close to what you need, that you can try out and use as a guide. It uses Cleave js [https://nosir.github.io/cleave.js/] :
    https://github.com/wpmudev-sls/forminator-number-formats

In order to test it out, you can download the plugin, install and activate it on your site. You can check the fields format setting on the js/front.js file.

And in your form, you need to add an "Input" field for the phone and another Input field for the number/currency. Make sure you use the "Input" field for both as the Phone and Number/Currency fields will override the custom changes.

In the field that you want to set for phone, click to go the Edit Field > Styling and at the "Additional CSS Classes" insert phone. Similar for the number/currency field insert number

Kind regards,
    Tho Bui

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.