Help!! Multi-DB setup with 1and1 - 1and1 won't let me name the DB's - global functions can

I am using 1and1 to host my website and I installed multi-db with the files in the right position and 1and1 doesn't let me name the DB's - dbname_0, dbname_1, dbname_2,..... and so on. Can the global settings be sort of disabled in favor of selectively using the Databases?

Step 3: db-config.php
(DONE)Line 10: Change the DB_SCALING to however many databases you're using (16, 256, or 4096)
(DONE)Line 16: Don't let this scare you. It just needs your server's IP address.
(CAN'T)Line 25: Provide the same name you assigned for your global database in Step 2. example 'dbname_global'

Here are the error codes I get if I go to my site's url.
Warning: mysql_get_server_info(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /homepages/40/d375803721/htdocs/wp-content/db.php on line 722

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/40/d375803721/htdocs/wp-content/db.php:722) in /homepages/40/d375803721/htdocs/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3319
Error establishing a database connection

Here is the db.php 722 line :
return preg_replace( '/[^0-9.].*/', '', mysql_get_server_info( $this->dbhglobal ) );

Here is the function.php line 3319
header( 'Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8' );

I am confused about all this. I really need help on this!!!