Help! My site went down after I did the recommended Hardener updates

I installed a few of your plugins this evening. Everything was working fine, then I created another page, posted a question here in the support area and then decided to see what the recommendations were from the Hardener/Defender plug in, A few took were taking a while to update, and it looked like my computer froze so I reloaded the page. Then it seemed Ok and I uploaded Hummingbird. Not sure if that was successful. Then the site froze, I closed out and now my site is down. The message I received is:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@ilpuntoristorante.secondstreetmarketing.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

-----
Please help asap! I don't know what went wrong.
Thank you.

Rupok

Hi Letizia

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I also installed WP Defender, but I didn't face any problem like that. But I could see 500 Internal Server Error on your site. As a quick workaround, can you try renaming your .htaccess file and check if your site comes live again? If it doesn't help, can you login to your server using FTP and try renaming the "wp-defender" folder inside your "wp-content/plugins" folder? I believe, this will bring the site up. Still if it doesn't, can you turn on debug mode in WordPress? To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

Past errors here. If file is very long, please paste them to a text file and attach with your reply.

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok