Help need with Membership, Marketpress, Multisite set up

Ok, I need some help here. I have WordPress installed. Multisite is allowed. Your Membership plugin is installed along with Marketpress. Registration and payment work through Membership with PayPal.

Marketpress is network enabled.

But, when you login as a new member...here are my issues that I need to resolve:

1. Where does a new member go to set up their store? And how do I make this available to them in the logged in member menu?

2. How do I change what members can see?

3. How do I edit the default text wording on the pages generated by Membership? And no, a translation plug in will not do what I want. I need to completely change what it says to be able to talk to my customers properly...not just change a word here and there.

There is more, but we will start with this. I have watched your videos, I have read tutorials posted by others, and it is not helping. I am not a wordpress programmer and I need help to get this set up.

Thank you.

• Michelle Shull

Hi, accounting13!

1. Where does a new member go to set up their store? And how do I make this available to them in the logged in member menu?

Since you're using multisite, each member store will be an individual subsite. When a user signs up for an account and a site on your network, they'll be given admin access to the subsite they created. With MarketPress network activated, they'll have all the MarketPress links available on their admin dashboards. You can add links to the admin bar (the black bar that goes across the top of your site) with our Ultimate Branding plugin. This will also let you edit the admin menu (the list of links that goes down the left side of your admin dashboard.) so you can customize what your subsite admins can see and do. You can limit this even further with another one of our plugins, Easy Blogging, which allows you to hide or show just about every element on the admin side.

2. How do I change what members can see?

You can do this with the two tools I mentioned above, Easy Blogging and Ultimate Branding.

3. How do I edit the default text wording on the pages generated by Membership? And no, a translation plug in will not do what I want. I need to completely change what it says to be able to talk to my customers properly...not just change a word here and there.

If you'd like to completely rewrite the Membership text without using a plugin, you'll need to edit each Membership template file, and keep a great changelog, because you'll need to redo the changes each time Membership updates. There are several areas with settings in teh plugin itself that will let you customize messages for particular pages, as well, but if you need to change text not covered by these settings, you'll need to look at doing template edits.

Thanks, accounting13!

• Michelle Shull

Hey there, accounting!

Okay, I think I know what we need to do here, per our convo in chat, to make this process work like you want. In chat, you described members paying to join your site, then they can start a new store(site) for free. Right now, you've got things set up so users have to pay a monthly fee to join the site, then pay another monthly fee for a prosite, then they have to pay to blog, too. So you've got three payment obstacles between users and sites, which isn't what you described as what you want. Let's clear out some of those first.

Since you don't want to charge users for a site, let's dump ProSites all together, and rely only on Membership to control the payments/access here.

Now, in Membership, you've got a couple of issues as well. The only access level you have that can create new blogs is your Merchant level, but the Merchant level is not tied to any subscriptions, so no members can create sites except you. All your members (including the account I set up) are in the Month membership, which does not have a positive rule for blog creation.

So, I think what needs to happen here is two fold:
    1. Dump ProSites. If creating a new store is free, after paying for a membership, you don't need it.
    2. Make sure your access levels and subscription plans align - assign positive rules for your Month plan, if you want users with that level to be able to create blogs.

Does this make sense?

I changed one setting, on your Network Settings in your network dashboard, I changed "both user accounts and sites may be created" to "registered members can create sites." Since users need to pay your subscription fee to join, only paying users will have access to create new sites.

If I've misunderstood your registration and payment process here, let me know and I can look again.

Thanks, Accounting!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.