Help needed fast with E-newsletter

Ok so I haven't had a problem emailing using e-newsletter until now. When I really needed a newsletter sent yesterday. Then on my aggrivation trying whatever I could think to get the letter to send. I deleted (wanted to edit so I could copy and paste my lengthy instructions for ordering product by tomorrow 10pm) instead of edited as I was going to copy and paste the content into a regular email blast. Problems needing a solution fast.
1) is it possible to recover a deleted newsletter?
2) Why am I now getting an error box when trying to send an e-newsletter?

I did upgrade to the latest version (which may have been a mistake since it worked before)

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @Dean Kaus, I hope you're well today!

1) is it possible to recover a deleted newsletter?

I'm afraid the answer to that is no. Just like any other post etc, one you delete it it's gone from the database.

2) Why am I now getting an error box when trying to send an e-newsletter?

Could you please paste the error message you're getting here?

Awaiting your reply,
    Ari.

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

@aristath I dont recall a message (nrain is fried and getting some sleep now) I think I just got a small white box withe the word error In it.
    I ended up just emailing regular enail a a I needed to get the last minute message out. Will check back when brain ia rested. Thanks.

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

@aristath and @Maniu sorry I forgot to attach the error messages. I ended up having to create the graphic in Photoshop and then manually send it out to each member. Still need to get this working as well as several other features in e-newsletter that really need to be implemented as soon as possible.

Also I'm running WP 3.5.1 everything worked fine in E-newsletter before I upgraded to latest version.

In addition to getting it to work. Need ability to edit or correct email address in event of typo. Need ability to search members by group. I'll go through and figure out what else had been discussed before and see if it's on the Feature request list or not.
    I know that I had discussed several of these items with Cole a long long time ago.

Thanks!

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hey @Dean Kaus!

I am seeing that you are receiving this error when doing "test connection".

What error are you receiving when trying to send newsletter?

I am currently working on newer version that hopefully will improve allot of things.

Thanks!

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

@Maniu that is not a test connection. I just made a group named test and have it send to 2 different email addresses I own. So it doesn't matter which group I try to send it to, I have the same problem

Before I updated everything worked as I tested everything so I'd be ready for the end of season mailings. I probably should have left it alone and notupgraded since Iit was working.

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hello @Dean Kaus

To be honest i am not sure what is causing it.W ould it be possible for you to set me up account in your wp install so i can take a look myself?

Please email me: maniu AT incsub.com

Or i can provide you with old version until it is figured out.

Thanks!

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Hello @Maniu I've just sent you logon admin credentials so you can logon and check things out. This is a live online site and I'm using gmail. The test emails are live online real working accounts and have received emails in the past. I've never put this site in an actual test mode. I just use test in the subject line as well as a group called test. But they are live. Let me know what you find.

Thanks!

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hello @Dean Kaus

I took a look at your install and everything seems to be ok but indeed it is not working.

Please try going back to previous version:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/download/328807580_e-newsletter-1.2.4.zip

and let me know if it helps.

I am wondering if there might be something broken in db or its caused by plugin incompatibility. Its hard to debug when i cant recreate the problem on my server.

Will try to debug it little more later, for now just try getting back to old version.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.