Help needed for migrating to WPMU DEV Hosting.

I want to migrate my subdomain multisite to WPMU DEV Hosting. I’ve given all the required details in chat. Can you please help me with this?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello LaunchPress

I hope you’re well today!

I can see in the chat that you have only provided wp-admin and SFTP access to the source site. We’ll need a bit more to do a migration. There are two requirements for sub-domain multisite to be migrated to WPMU DEV hosting:

1. We need a full, valid wild-card certificate for your domain that you’re going to use as a main domain. This cannot be Let’s Encrypt free wild-card cert or any other “branch” based on “Let’s Encrypt” that requires automated renewal. It must be a regular “commercial” certificate.

Do you have such certificate? if so, we’ll need

– certificate itself

– certificate chain (we can most likely download that knowing the certificate issuer)

– private key

2. You’d also need to create standard sub-folder multisite on your hosting first so please do this if you haven’t done this before

3. We’ll also need some access to the database on the source server, preferably via phpMyAdmin but if there’s any other panel, as long as it provides access to the database, that would suffice.

Once you got all the data gathered together, please send them to me directly.

Note: Don’t leave your login details in this ticket.

Instead, you can send me your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: “Attn: Adam Czajczyk

– Source site access credentials: wp-admin (super-admin level account) login and password and login URL; (S)FTP access credentials and db access crednetials

– Destination site credentials: db access is not necessary, preferably though SFTP and SSH accounts + super-admin login and password (site name on our hosting)

– Folder path of the source site

– aforementioned certificate information

– Link back to this thread for reference

– Any other relevant urls/info

I’ll then pass that info to our hosting team and we’ll migrate the site for you. You’ll need to set your domain to point to your WPMU DEV host meanwhile but we’ll let you know when and how to do this when necessary.

Kind regards,

Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello LaunchPress

Thank you for letting me know.

Such wild-card cert is currently necessary as the free certs (like Let’s Encrypt) require automatic renewal and for now we can’t do this for that kind of certificates. We do provide regular single-domain Let’s Encrypt certs for single installs and Multisite sub-folder installs and we do automatically renew them but it’s, unfortunately, different with sub-domain.

However, if you decide to get back to this let us know and we’ll be ready to assist you further at any time.

Kind regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.