Help needed for notification

We are implementing a multisite solution using BuddyPress.

We need some help to set up the notification correctly:

1) if a user registers on the main blog, an welcome email will send to the user. If a user signs up from a subsite, our solution will automatically add the user to the main blog and network. However, the welcome email will not send in this case. What shall we do so that the welcome email will send to users who sign up from the subsite?

2) In the Welcome email, how can we include the user password to the registered user.

3) Right now, in the notification to the site admin, the user IP is displayed as 127.0.0.1. How can we display the real IP of the user?

Thanks a lot.

Jing

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Jing,

Hope you’re doing well :slight_smile:

1) if a user registers on the main blog, an welcome email will send to the user. If a user signs up from a subsite, our solution will automatically add the user to the main blog and network. However, the welcome email will not send in this case. What shall we do so that the welcome email will send to users who sign up from the subsite?

Can you give me some more information on how are you handling BuddyPress registrations because by default BuddyPress has only one registration page that’s on the main site?

2) In the Welcome email, how can we include the user password to the registered user.

I tried finding a solution but I’m afraid I can’t find anything and all requests I was able to find online pretty much ended with saying that it’s not a good idea, security-wise, to include the password in emails.

I’m afraid that this will require hiring a developer to build a custom solution.

3) Right now, in the notification to the site admin, the user IP is displayed as 127.0.0.1. How can we display the real IP of the user?

I tested this on my multisite and the IP was properly detected and sent so it’s possible that something on your end is blocking this from working properly and I would suggest running a conflict test by disabling your plugins and switching to default WP theme and see if the IP is correct after that.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Jing
    • Recruit

Predrag,

Thanks for your reply.

“Can you give me some more information on how are you handling BuddyPress registrations because by default BuddyPress has only one registration page that’s on the main site?”

On the main site, we have a registration page.

On the subsite, we use a newsletter plugin which uses API to add the user to the network and main site.

Let me check the rest.

Jing

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jing

On the subsite, we use a newsletter plugin which uses API to add the user to the network and main site.

I don’t think there’s any “non-custom” solution for this in such case. I don’t know how exactly (code-wise) this plugin is doing this but you’d need to actually track down the code that creates/adds the user account and then see if it could be extended – e.g. via some built-in action hook – to trigger e-mail notification (so e.g. trigger “wp_new_user_notification()” WP function).

This would most likely also require custom development but I’d suggest first contacting the developer(s) of that newsletter plugin and asking them if that’s doable.

Kind regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.