Help needed on how to decide whether to use buddypress or

Help needed on how to decide whether to use buddypress or have separate forums/groups

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Graham Wallbank! :slight_smile:

I'd be glad to help with this, could I ask you to elaborate on the situation here? What's the community that you're looking to set up, and what doesn't seem so clear about the decision to either use BuddyPress for the community, or to set up separate forums/groups?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Graham Wallbank
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Michael, my site is in development by myself (a newbie) and is planned to be a multisite for the construction industry offering subdomains as per edublogs with buddypress as a community. WPMUDEV have many plugins that offer the same functionality as buddypress and I believe you say that they give less of the bulk of buddypress. Ultimately the construction site will form the template for many other domains that I own for niche markets.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Graham Wallbank, thanks for your patience here! :slight_smile:

How do you want to have this community be shared across your Multisite network? And what sort of functionality are you looking for specifically?

Just looking at it right now, it sounds like BuddyPress might be a better fit, not to mention several of our own plugins integrate with it (e.g. Chat, Ultimate Facebook, BuddyPress Actitivity+). And with bbPress thrown into the mix, you could integrate forum functionality with BuddyPress (if that fits with your vision of this community).

Please advise,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.