help on setting up subscriptions on membership pro

How do I set it up so that after a trial period, the subscription is automatically set up? Do you have a guide that will help me?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @Richard,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Firsts thing you need to do is go to Membership 2 > Add-ons panel and enable Trial Period from there.
    After that when you add/edit membership under Payment settings you can enable trial period for desired time as shown on screenshot attached below.

Let us know if you need more help with this :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Richard
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for your reply Predrag,

I have already done that, I think the issue is that the subscribe button doesn't show the paypal sign, its just got a ?. If you click on it, it takes you to the paypal website, so people who have joined haven't fully subscribed. How do I get the correct button?

Regards

Richard

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Richard,,

Thanks for granting access.

I've checked your site and found out that the PayPal Standard gateway setting need to be adjusted. Please go to your dashboard's

"Membership 2 -> Settings -> Payment" page -> expand "PayPal Standard" settings section

You'll find this message there:

Your IPN listening URL is: http://www.thewinnersslip.org/ms-payment-return/paypalstandard

This URS has to be added to your PayPal account. In order to add it to your PalPal account please follow instructions outlined here:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/ipn/integration-guide/IPNSetup/#id089EG030E5Z

After this is done please go back to your dashboard's

"Membership 2 -> Settings -> Payment" page -> "PayPal Standard" section

and remove everything from the "Payment button URL or label" field (so the text field remains empty).

This should make your PayPal gateway work. Please check it and let me know if it helped.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Richard
      • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thank you for your help. I have done this and I think that it worked. The only thing that I am now unsure on is how it works exactly. I've set the membership up with a 30 day free trial. Do the members sign up on a free trial and at the end of this then have to subscribe or is it automated so the will get charged on day 31? Also I seem to have a couple of members in the "All members' section, but the rest only show in the billing section? Should they all show in the all members section, and if so do I need to do something to add them in there?

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @richardpretious,

I hope you have been well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

I am taking your permission and breaking your above question in bits so we can go granular. :slight_smile:

I've set the membership up with a 30 day free trial. Do the members sign up on a free trial and at the end of this then have to subscribe or is it automated so the will get charged on day 31?

No this won't happen automatically. My colleague @adamczajczyk has nicely described how trial works in his one of reply here.

Also I seem to have a couple of members in the "All members' section, but the rest only show in the billing section? Should they all show in the all members section, and if so do I need to do something to add them in there ?

Actually difference can be due to many reasons. First reason I can think of is if you have recurring membership then it will generate new invoice whenever member gets paid automatically after membership's time-frame ends. Also there are 4 different criteria on which billing differentiate invoices. These are,
    Draft - Invoice is prepared but user cannot see it yet
    Billed - User can see the invoice and needs to pay
    Pending - Waiting for confirmation from payment gateway
    Paid - Payment arrived on our account!
    Denied - Payment was denied

And also if you find out that invoice is missing for particular member you can always generate one manually via Membership > Billing > Create New Invoice

I hope this helps you.

Please let us know if there is anything else in which we can help you with.

Cheers,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.