Help! Plug-In has disabled my site

I uploaded the Messaging plug-in, not realizing that it is a multi-site plug-in, and now my whole site is down. I can’t even access my WP dashboard.

Here is the site: generatione.org

I contacted Fat Cow to help on the CPanel backend, and they told me that:

“The backup file of your WordPress website which we have in our server also shows the same contents. So, please contact the vendor of the application to investigate further on this issue. We support only for installation and upgradation of application.”

I would SO appreciate your help! I love WPMU and I look forward to integrating this plug-in after I have gone through and turned my site into a multi-site.

Thanks!

Shannon

• ShannonA
    • New Recruit

Thanks for that. I thought I was sending a direct message – NOT posting to a forum. I hope a staff member can help me out on this because now the site is completely down :slight_frown: And, the link you sent over is not as useful as I wish it could be.

Thank you SO much though!

• marikamitsos
    • The Crimson Coder

@ shannon

I guess by now you must already visited your site and saw that everything works fine.

You must also check your letterbox at electric.com where I have send you an e-mail. Please read it and feel free to e-mail me back.

Let me know what’s happening.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi ShannonA and first off, I’d like to say welcome to WPMU DEV.

Sorry you experienced that issue, some plugins here (a very limited selection now), are made specifically for and are only compatible with Multisite and will cause that type of error to occur, as you’ve seen.

The link marikamitsos mentioned is one of the threads here you’ll find with some good detail on how to get that sorted should you happen to install a Multisite plugin on a Single WP site, though I can see you’ve got that back up and running now.

Also, as marikamitsos mentioned, you’ll definitely want to consider changing your password if you haven’t already, as this is a public facing forum. We would only need those types of details upon request and we can receive that via our contact form for security purpose in these cases.

Please let us know if you have further questions on this.

Thanks,

David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.