HELP! Snapshot wiped out my WP Admin?!

I just installed Snapshot.
I then, at it's suggestion, installed the WPMU dashboard.
And now my admin side won't load. Internal server error message.

AAAAAAGH! Panicking. Please help. Don't know how to fix.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

You can log in with FTP and simple remove the plugin. That will get the site back on.

I suspect it might be some memory issue. Can you please check your servers error logs and let me know what is output in them. That should give us some pointers.

If you're not sure where your error logs are then please consult with your hosting provider, they will know the setup best.

Let me know.

Take care.

• shelleydelayne

Oh, right. *facepalm* I knew that one. I just get so panicky when things disappear that I forget the simple things, like "Remove it!"

Thank you.

And the only error log I can find on my server shows the last error logged on 9/22/12… so I contacted support (Fatcow.com is the host)… and they had no idea where I might find a current log. Submitted a support ticket; sometimes they have more helpful answers.

Meanwhile, I am going to try it on a clean, minimal WP installation on the same server and see if it works.

Fingers crossed!

• shelleydelayne

Well, according to the host, there simply haven't been any errors generated for the server to log since 9/22… which is highly improbable, but I can't really do anything about it.

And after testing Snapshot on a clean install on the same server and having the same result, I went round and round with support and discovered that something in the way Snapshot works normally is not allowed by their security settings. Don't know what, exactly… but Snapshot, sadly, will never work on Fatcow.

So at least I know I didn't do something wrong… though I did waste a bunch of time and $19.

Bummed that it won't work for me!
    But thank you for trying to help.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey again.

Well, according to the host, there simply haven't been any errors generated for the server to log since 9/22… which is highly improbable, but I can't really do anything about it.

hmm....

Can you ask them to enable full error reporting, if you get an internal server error then there should be some log of it.

And after testing Snapshot on a clean install on the same server and having the same result, I went round and round with support and discovered that something in the way Snapshot works normally is not allowed by their security settings. Don't know what, exactly… but Snapshot, sadly, will never work on Fatcow.

Can you also get me what ever the issue might be from them.

It might be something we look at working around. For example:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/plugin-doesnt-work-on-debian-squeeze-and-ispconfig-3

It's a long thread, it was a server issue and Paul has worked to provide a fix for that because it was viable.

Please let me know what you can find out :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.