Help to find what caused database error

Hi there,

http://www.truecallingmedia.com was down for 3h 51m today. I called my hosting company and they said that there is a really high process on the site that's causing the site to go down. Could you please investigate on the error log what happen?

Thank you.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello True Calling

I hope you're well today!

It's true that there might be some processes that are a bit "heavier" on server resources and if those are limited (there are often strict, even too strict limits especially on shared hosts) such processes may sometimes cause the site to go down.

I would need to take a closer look at both your site configuration and the logs to be able to get into some more specific details on what could cause that. Would you please enable support access so I could check the site? To do so, please go to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's back-end and click on "Grant Support Access" button there, then let me know here once it's enabled.

I would also need aforementioned logs. Could you please check if there's a file called "debug.log" inside the "/wp-content"/ folder of your WordPress install?

Could you also please get in touch with your host again and ask them to share the logs that pointed them to this "high process"?

The log files might be quite big so please upload them to some file storage of yours (such as e.g. Google Drive or Dropbox account) and share download links with me here.

I'll then check these logs and site configuration to see if I can find a reason and a solution for the issue.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi True Calling,

It looks like the issue is caused by the divi_child_theme_setup function, this is probably something used by your child theme to call needed functionality from the parent theme.
    However, I'm not that familiar with Divi theme and it would be best to get in touch with them about this.

Also, your log file is over 200 MB which is huge and writing to that may as well cause you issues on your site.
    I would suggest creating a backup of that log file and then deleting it so that new one is created.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• True Calling
    • New Recruit

Hi,

The divi theme support said that "If there is an error on calling a function, it will show on the error message, removing the code could fix the issue. One more possible problem is that the child theme function could possibly be outdated, calling for an obsolete function on the parent theme. Again, removing that function will fix the issue."

I was wondering if you could help further.

Thank you.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi True Calling,

Is it safe to delete the error log file from the server using filezilla?

Yes, removing that file will not cause anything bad to your site, I do suggest downloading the file and keeping a backup in case that you need some information from there again.
    Note that if the errors keep happening new log file will be created, but it will log only new errors so it will not be huge again from the start.

The divi theme support said that "If there is an error on calling a function, it will show on the error message, removing the code could fix the issue. One more possible problem is that the child theme function could possibly be outdated, calling for an obsolete function on the parent theme. Again, removing that function will fix the issue."

I can point you to file where that function is being used but I can't really tell you if you can remove it or not as I don't know what effect it will have on your site.
    In your child theme root folder, inside functions.php you have this part of code that uses that function:

//*============================================
    //Loading the Custom Module into child theme
    //=============================================*/
    function divi_module_loading() {
        if ( ! class_exists('ET_Builder_Module') ) {
            return;
        }

get_template_part( 'custom-modules/cbm' );

$cbm = new Custom_ET_Builder_Module_Blog();

remove_shortcode( 'et_pb_blog' );

add_shortcode( 'et_pb_blog', array($cbm, '_shortcode_callback') );
    }

add_action( 'wp', 'divi_child_theme_setup', 9999 );

It seems that's used to call the custom-modules/cbm.php file from your child theme, so if you remove that code it will not use that file, and I'm afraid that I don't know what's that file used for so I would suggest getting in touch with Divi devs again and ask them to give you more info about both that file and function that calls it.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.