Help to modify Revolution slider

Dear valued Support Team,

it was neccessary to reinstall on our theme from scratch which is a purchased one from Theme forest, named Tades Canon. Close to the top of the front page is the part of the revolution slider… which is displayed correctly BUT as we have to modify the text on it also changing the button link we have an issue now.

On the section of this plugin the slides does not turn up to be able to do the modification and we are wondering if you professional can be of help to get them displayed within the modify section (see revolution slider – homepage) that we are able to do what we have to do?

Looking forward hearing from you soon. Support access is granted.

Big thanks in advance.

Regards

Prinz

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @prinz! :slight_smile:

Right now, when I try to browse your site, I’m keep running into database connection issues, either I see a “Error establishing a database connection” message, or I get a notice from WordPress that it wasn’t able to find your site’s database.

When I first tried logging in to your site via the Support Access, I saw only a “0” on the page, and I saw a “Error establishing a database connection” when I tried visiting your site’s home page.

Could you get in touch with your host, and see if they’re running into any hosting issues presently?

In addition to doing that, could you clarify what you mean by this:

….as we have to modify the text on it also changing the button link we have an issue now.

On the section of this plugin the slides does not turn up to be able to do the modification…

Do you mean to say that when you try editing the slides for the home page slider, that you’re not seeing them show up anywhere to be edited?

Please advise,

Michael

• Klaus
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Michael,

indeed there were right at the time you tried to access our site, there was a trouble on server side. Also, right now we filled another support request helping to solve that access db issue once again. Apart from that I’m asking you kindly to loggin again. In case that db error occurs you only have to be persistent and to the same task again… usually after the second or third repeat (I know that’s annoying however right now the only way to go around the problem) you’ll have access to the site.

Now in response to your question to clarify my request: YES I mean to say that when I try editing the slides for the home page slider, that you’re not seeing them show up anywhere to be edited?

If you could make it that we see those slides that would be fabulous.

Cheers

Prinz

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @prinz,

After looking into this further, I see what the problem was. In regards to being able to edit the slider inside your site’s Dashboard, when trying to go to:

Revolution Slider -> Edit Slides

And clicking on one of the “Edit Slides” button, I noticed that only the background for the slider showed up as being able to be edited. The problem was due to the fact that your theme happens to load it’s own version of jQuery, which happens to interfere with the scripts on that page.

After a good deal of digging into this further, I was able to disable it by inserting the following into a functions.php inside your child theme:

<?php

add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'wpdev_170663_remove_parent_theme_stuff', 0 );

function wpdev_170663_remove_parent_theme_stuff() {
    global $pagenow;

if ( $pagenow == 'admin.php' && $_GET['page'] == 'revslider' ) {
    remove_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'canon_setup_theme' );
    }
    }

And now, I’m able to edit slides on your site. :slight_smile:

Could you confirm that it’s working for you as well please?

Kind Regards,

Michael

P.S. Code snippet inspired by this discussion on StackOverflow:

http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/170663/remove-action-on-after-setup-theme-not-working-from-child-theme/170666#170666

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.