HELP.... unfortunately it's the revolution slider again

Dear valued Support-Taem,

we just recognized the revolution slider on our front page stopped scrolling and all text on the main page is now in bold.

Reason for that might be: Your colleagues Adam was this morning so kind to reset our theme setting this morning in order to gain our sidebars again.

We confirm that this is working properly but we just recognized that probably this action stopped the slider and as stated put every text on main page in bold.

Please, please be so kind and make it working again.
Kind regards

Prinz

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Prinz,

I'm insanely happy to announce that the slider (that affected my gray hair also) is up and running back again :smiley:

Because it turned out that it had nothing to do with the changes I've made recently, below's a short explanation of what happened just for future reference.

The key point here was the "bold text" issue. There's this page in your dashboard:

"Revolution Slider" -> "Edit slides" -> "Edit slide" [for the first slide, the one that slider got stuck at]

On this page you create your slider and define its parameters. This slide uses layer (text over image). If you scroll down a bit you'll find the "Layer general parameters" section box.

Right above is a preview of a slid. When you click on a bold slogan saying "Determine WHAT you will..." and this text appears in a "Layer content" text box below.

Here's an original content that was there:

<strong><span style="color: #000080;">Determine   WHAT  you will ...  <br/>
    <br/>
    <strong><span style="color: #000080;">... achieve to be fulfilled   &   <br/>
    ... do at your local community <br/>
    <br/>
    to be supported in many ways.
    </span></strong>

and here's the current one:

<strong><span style="color: #000080;">Determine   WHAT  you will ...  <br/>
    <br/></strong>
    <strong><span style="color: #000080;">... achieve to be fulfilled   &   <br/>
    ... do at your local community <br/>
    <br/>
    to be supported in many ways.
    </span></strong>

If you take a closer look at both you'll notice that in the first one the number of <strong> tags isn't equal to number of </strong> tags. This <strong> tag makes the text bold. The </strong> tag is so called "closing tag" which means that it makes text non-bold back again. If there's more<strong>tags than </strong> tags - all other text will also be bold.

So, fixing this fixed the "bold text issue" and it also fixed the slider issue as once because it turns out that the Revolution Slider is very fragile and sensitive to HTML code errors.

I hope this explanation doesn't "threatened" you but I just think that it was worth posting here for future reference :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Adam

• Klaus

Hello Adam,

please take my sincerely apologize giving you gray hair too apart from making you busy. I do feel very bad right now...

After studying your most helpful explanation I spoke with my colleague which then admit that he edited the text on those slides without taking care of given restrictions. Unfortunately all I could to giving him serious words... and dearly apologies to you.

I do hope you can be clement with us and I give you my word I'll take utmost care that such thing will not happen again.

Big thanks for helping out and understanding.
    Kind regards
    Prinz

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Prinz!

please take my sincerely apologize giving you gray hair too apart from making you busy. I do feel very bad right now...

Please do not apologize, I just followed the "gray hair convention" of the conversation that @Michelle Shull and you followed :slight_smile: I'm really happy I could help, especially that the Revolution Slider is actually widely known for causing a lot of issues.

That being said, anytime you require assistance, please don't hesitate to ask. I'll be glad to help!

Have a great day!
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.