Help videos not showing up for sites?

I have network activate the plugin and attached are my settings. The problem is that the videos are nowhere to be found in the admin. I thought I would see them in the support menu in the admin or in the help screen drop down, but I do not see them anywhere. I also tried registering each of my sub-sites for the video serial but no luck. Anything I am missing?

• aecnu

Greetings Basem,

I have configured my installation of the Integrated Video Tutorials plugin (network activated) to mimic yours with the exception of the videos name to allow for easier recognition as shown in screen shot 1 below.

Then the video's do appear in sub domain sites in the drop down help box (screen shot 2 below) and on the sub sites Support menu selection (screen shot 3 below).

Obviously you are not getting any of these results?

If not, the next step is to go through standard troubleshooting technique of disabling all plugins, except in this case the MU Support System plugin and the WPMU DEV Videos plugin.

Then see if the support videos show as indicated below.

If they do then you want to start re-activating the plugins one at a time, testing for the presence of the videos after each activation, until you find the one that conflicts.

Please let me know your results one way or the other.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Basem

I found an error message for the videos saying:
    "Displaying support videos in the admin area of sites is incompatible with your domain mapping settings. Administration mapping must be set to "original domain" to display videos in the admin area."

This is ig limitation for me because each sub-site has plugin licenses based on their mapped domain, so they must use the admin from their mapped domain. Not to mention WordPress embedding full URL's in posts and need it to be the mapped domain and not the sub-domain URL.

Will WP Dev Videos ever be fixed in this regard?

• aecnu

Greetings Basem,

Will WP Dev Videos ever be fixed in this regard?

The problem here is that WPMU Dev does not consider this broken and it is absolutely intentional with the reasoning of preventing theft of the videos and simultaneously using their bandwidth.

I do not think the policy will change.

However, about a year ago when I was just a member and seen this going on I was thinking out of the box as usual and took matters into my own hands.

Proof thereof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1B2i3SqYVk

This was my solution to the great video/API debate.

Though it may not be in everyone's grasp to be able to accomplish this, for me it was extremely easy to do and I was able to pitch my site at the same time.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Basem,

This is way beyond my authority to make this change, as a matter of fact I cannot make this change even if I wanted to.

I also got in trouble with the Boss as a part of staff telling how I circumvented this while I was a member - though I did not do this while I was part of the staff, telling about it as part of the staff is not authorized.

However, since I am allowed to resolve tickets using any legal means with the additional stipulation of not circumventing security protocols or policies, I have come up with an idea that may just in fact work.

What about installing the videos on one domain or sub domain having them working with the API of course, then use Admin Menu Editor plugin to add a link to an iframe of the video site which is rendered on the screen using an I-Frame perhaps with the Advanced iframe plugin?

Let me know how it goes if you try it out.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.