Help with a custom search filter

Hi, lads.

I’m building this site where i have different stores with different products each… my client wants a couple of things and I don’t know hot to do them,

1- He wants a custom search dropdown filter in each product page, so the client can filter by zone, to know wich is the nearer store where that product is available. I thought I could create custom taxonomys in the product and there add tags for each store where that product can be found… the thing is that there are a lot of stores trough all the country, so I just can’t display all the tags, I nee to create a dropdown filter to filter the store by state and city… I think I also need to categorize each store with their location (state, city), but I don’t know how to create that drop down filter in each product page, who searchs trough teir own store tags and filter the results of the location categorys of the store…

Please, please, can you help me?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings alejandroguau,

Thank you for bringing this idea to our attention.

This is going to take massive custom coding which is far beyond the scope of the support we provide here but we do try to help if we can of course.

However, this one is really deep and will indeed involve coding way beyond Google Custom Search as well.

The best way I can serve you is to see if there’s a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute.

Sorry that I could not be of further assistance then this but this is way out there.

Cheers, Joe

• Imperative Ideas
    • HummingBird

Aww man, WPMU just ate my post.

I’ll re-write a short version.

There are lots of proposed integrations that do this (the next system to add it will probably be Woocommerce) but nothing is even close yet) unless you are using Magento.

You are asking for a POS system that integrates with an eCommerce shop AND puts an API feed out to something like Google Maps.

The short version is that your client has to be prepared to either spend a lot of money on a Magento/VendHQ solution (http://www.vortexhq.com/) or sacrifices will need to be made. This is a very high-end request.

• alejandroguau
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Imperative, thanks a lot for your help!

Hummm, I’m using WP, and the site, besides this, is almost finshed http://www.sitiosguau.com/santiveri. I’ve got everything running with WooCommerce… I gave a look to that Xero extention but didn’t understood how can it help.

Have any other idea? Everything you can tell me would be very help full!

I don’t mind to get my hand dirt and make something my self, I just want some hints…

thanks, mate

• alejandroguau
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

acenu, I’m very dissapointed… I didn’t ask for you to code it for my self, just for some help, like Imperative did… really sucks that you didn’t eve tried and just gave me a generic response… I don’t see the way this “support” it’s help full, because every time i asked I get this kind of response (only the not staff members are the ones who really give it a try)

:slight_frown:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings alejandroguau,

Thank you for letting me know, it is greatly appreciated.

I didn’t ask for you to code it for my self, just for some help, like Imperative did

Then you must be indicating that you have this ticket resolved.

really sucks that you didn’t eve tried and just gave me a generic response

Because I did not know the answer and because I do not have to try anything beyond my support mandate as indicated here.

Here is a summarized version of the job, this time not from my direct inline Boss but the WPMU DEV lead developer: That would be a core edit to the plugin along with custom coding. The support we provide here is how to use the current features of our products and bug fixing, teaching someone to code PHP is a bit beyond that scope.

So therefore I was indeed doing my job, gave you the best advice I had available, I did not hold back anything that I knew relative to the subject, and I am not a coder – and for what you proposed you need coder.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.