Help with a slow site please

After speaking to Adam within the chat, I have a site that has been running very slow. So far I have optimised the images first of all smushed and then all downloaded from ftp and photoshopped and re uploaded.

This has made a huge difference so far but I feel like I am running too many plugins that don't need to be run and it looks like I'm getting a lot of errors.

Adam suggested to use hummingbird which I have tried to but it looks like I lose some of the colours and structure on the site?

I have given support access already. I'm pretty sure that I have this on purefinalrinse site as well.

• Nastia

Hello Jay , I hope you are doing well!

Adam suggested to use hummingbird which I have tried to but it looks like I lose some of the colours and structure on the site?

Would you please post here a screenshot to point out where the color has changed and what structure has changed?

I see that the Minification is not activated, was this issue appeared once minification was enabled and you deactivated after?

The Minification feature always need to be approached carefully, some files can't be minified or combined, so here you need to enable minification for each file one at the time while always checking your front end for any changes.

For even better site speed results, move the position of the JS files to Footer ( always check the front end for any changes).

I've also checked your site Performance Report (Hummingbird > Performance Report); the Optimize images score is quite low, 46/100.

This is because most of the images are too big and need to be resized.

You can resize your images with the Smush plugin too. Navigate to Media > WP Smush and set the recommended dimensions:

Set 1600px for width and 1600px for height as recommended by the plugin. Save changes and Bulk smush again the images.

This will improve the Image Optimization score.

Please advise,

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.