Help with Autoblog settings

Hello!

I'm trying to set up a website that shows latest posts from our members blogs on the front page. Unfortunately I've faced some problems and therefore have some questions for you.

My settings -> the result

- Set the date for new posts: Original posts date -> It shows the import date
- Set author for new posts: Use feed author -> It shows the website admin author
- Select a way to import featured image: Find the first image within content of a feed item -> It shows no image, not even the Default thumbnail image

However there are some images shown on page 3 (http://www.kasityoblogit.com/page/3/) How is this possible? That is the way I would like it to be. Or at least after some adjustments so that the images wouldn't be that flat.

If I unselect the featured images box in the Upront settings the grey boxes won't disappear. That won't solve the problem.

Also there are some things with the layout (Gillie theme).

- I would prefer all posts the same size. By that I mean 1) the first post which is now wider than the rest and also 2) I would like to have them vertically aligned. A 3 x 3 grid maybe?
- At the end of the page a part of the text is not showing.
- For example on page 3 parts of some texts go over another.

Any tips and advice is appreciated and support access is granted. Thank you!

• Rupok

Hi Laura,

Thanks for asking and granting Support Access. I logged in your site and found that you are using two feed source. One of them is a direct site link "http://up*********a.b*******t.fi/". As that is not a valid RSS feed URL, no posts will be imported from there.

You have another feed configured which is a valid feed: "http://www.n******u.fi/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss"

Now, when I went to a post from that feed, I could not found author data in your posts page on that source site. That's why the website admin author is shown instead of the post author.

Then I added that feed on my local test site and imported posts. Posts were posted on original post date. Also, the thumbnail image is set. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

So I think, these are you site specific issue. In your site, I didn't even see the latest posts imported. Can you please delete this feed and then add again, and process? Please let us know how it goes.

However there are some images shown on page 3 (http://www.kasityoblogit.com/page/3/)

I went to this link, but I don't see any posts there. Am I missing something?

If I unselect the featured images box in the Upront settings the grey boxes won't disappear.

I've also tested this with Gille theme and featured image is imported and shown fine. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

Can you please re-add the feed and process as I requested above? Can you please also try changing the theme to any other Upfront theme and check what happens?

To change the first post formatting, please edit your Blog page with Upfront Editor, then at first click that posts section. Then on left sidebar, please go to "Appearance > Select "grid" Preset > Click on "Edit Preset CSS" button, and then from the bottom box, please remove these lines highlighted in the following screenshot:

That will make the first post looking like all other posts.

To make posts showing as a 3x3 grid, please change the width value from 50% to 33% for the "uf-post" selector. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

That will serve your purpose.

As I could not see any content on your page 3, I'm not clear about the issue. Can you please provide us the correct link where we can see the issue live? We can give you proper solution if we are clear about the issue.

Please send us the results of your tests I've suggested above and all details I requested. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.