Help with Chat

I cant chat with my visitors. Where is the "dashboard" to chat with my visitors? I cant find this page to see and talk with my visitor. Please, advice.

• camparoo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

cena7, please log into your wordpress dashboard. In the left-hand navigation, go to settings, and the choose the link to "Chat".

Choose the settings you want for your chat in the first page available under "chat". Then, look to the top center of your screen, just under the text "Chat Settings". You will see an option called "bottom corner chat". Enable this to allow a friendly link on your site to allow easy access to chatting,

Just a quick suggestion: When people see the ability to chat with someone and find nobody home, it can be quite disappointing. You may want to list the hours you are available for chatting, and then be sure to be there!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings cena7 and camparoo,

@cena7 Welcome to WPMU Dev

camparoo is spot on with her suggestions and probable cure to setting up the chat and getting things working there.

Why are you using the WordPress Chat Lite plugin version?

Please advise.

@camparoo thank you for trying to help another member with a great answer, some rep points are coming your way.

Cheers, Joe

• cena7
    • New Recruit

Hi Camparo, thank you. What i am asking is where my attendants will talk with my clients. NOW i understand. BUT, i buy this chat for support my clients. HOW to talk private? i don't wanna to all others see the personal messages, like a estimates talink etc.... and now?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings cena7,

Thank you for the additional input, it is certainly appreciated.

Unfortunately private chats are not available at this time with the plugin.

However, I will let the lead developer confirm that this is indeed the case to avoid me sticking my foot in my mouth.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@cena7,

As Joe stated the current version of Chat does not provide the ability to do Private chat. In the last 2 weeks we have had probably a dozen users requesting this. So it is on the list of coming enhancements.

The concept would be similar to the bottom corner chat option availably in the current Chat plugin we offer. Once a user starts to chat the admin (you) would have the option to block out other users. So others would not be able to see any of the conversation.

Unfortunately, this is quite the undertaking and not something which can be developed in just a few days.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.