Help with CoursePress Pro Offline courses

Hello,

I was wondering if there could be any guidance in configuring CoursePress to better deal with classes that will be held at a physical location and not actually done on the website.

Like right now I would love the ability to add in physical location of the class and possibly use the https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-google-maps-plugin/ plugin as well.

Also, I am not sure if I am just missing this but since all my class offerings will be offline and not done through the site, how can the instructor mark if the student passed manually?

Thanks!

• Danny Albeck
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@Patrick,

Thank you for the fast response and demo. Just curious as well, any thoughts in regards to the instructor being able to track the students passing/failing within the panel? Or is this maybe something that is more in line with the feature of the certificates?

Thanks!

• Danny Albeck

@Ashok,

Yeah, I guess that would be the section if my course was being taken online. But because I don't have any questions for the students to answer online there isn't a way for me (that I can see) to make if the student in general passed or failed the course. Is there a workaround for this, or something I need do in the units to make this work?

Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks!

• Andre Foisy
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello @Danny Albeck

I hope your weekend is great! :slight_smile:

That far, unfortunately I believe there's no work around for this. Obviously, if you "don't have any questions for the students to answer online" I can't see how one would track students progress from an online courses management application. :slight_frown:

That said, of course do not hesitate to call back any time you need help. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Andre

• Danny Albeck

@Andre Foisy,

Thank you for your response. Do you think a hidden field could be added in to the units section to "trick" the system in to thinking there is a test question and this would then give the instructor the ability to go in and just mark if the student passed or failed?

Thanks!

• Andre Foisy
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey @Danny Albeck

In reality, and you certainly know that, possibilities are endless. :wink:

Right now, I'm afraid I may not fully catch exactly what would be the complete process you imagine. Maybe if you elaborate a little more, we could imagine a way that it could still serve you somehow. Just for now, answering your direct questions without too much details about your whole picture, it feels like we're skating in the clouds. :slight_smile:

Now, it seems like you want students to register online, for a local class to be held somewhere (thus maps app), and then after completion they would login to see if they passed or failed, after the instructor enter the results?

Tell us more man... :slight_smile:

Andre

• Danny Albeck

@Andre Foisy,

Yeah basically what I need to do is have students sign up for classes that will all be held at a physical location. We won't be giving an actual tests through the website. So, I would need the students to be able to see if they passed/failed the course by checking their dashboard. Also the instructor should be able to login and view all students that applied for that course and mark if they passed or failed.

Currently the only way for the instructor to mark the student as pass or fail is to have a unit with a question. I am wondering if it would be possible to create a hidden field that would "trick" CoursePress in to thinking the student filled in an answer, so that the functionality is available to the instructor to mark that student as pass or fail.

To test it out I made a text field answer box that just asks "Did you attend this class" and that at least triggers the functionality. But this wouldn't be ideal / too professional looking to the student to check this to enable the functionality of if they passed or failed.

Basically in a nut shell it would be nice if there was an option to avoid units and have CoursePress be expanded for offline courses as well. So if on the course setup you say this will be offline the instructor could still login and set pass/fail on the students and eventually issue a certificate (when this is available).

Thanks for your help, hope this explains it a little better.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Danny Albeck

Yes, it might be possible. It will be a little complex too if you many courses. If you want in this way, then create a answer filed and let me know. I will set the code to hide that field and set default value for that filed.

But note that, you have to go through every students and complete the course. Or, you need to ask your students to login and just save the unit page.

I didn't test it though, but technically it should work.

Cheers
    Ash

• Sumit Kumar

Hi Danny,

Glad to see that you find our plugin such helpful :slight_smile:
    Your request is already marked as "featured request" and you see, we just can't ETA on its release. It may be included anytime as per requests collected for it...

So, keep updated with our updates :slight_smile:
    Have a nice day.

Regards, Sumit

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.