Help with custom coding using the Directoy Plug-In

Hello there, I am a volunteer with the Louisville Weimaraner Rescue and have put together a new site that we are wanting to unveil at some point in the near future. We are working with a site from 2006. It needs updates.

I have put together 90% of our site and have really got stuck with a couple of items. Specifically using the Directory/Listings Plug In. You can view the site at http://www.nberrands.com/LWR

Here is where I am really needing help and wondering if it is even possible to do what we want. I am not an expert, simply a novice on coding but have limited knowledge. Under the "Available" tab I have been using the "listings" to display the current Weims that we have that are up for adoption. I have been able to use the editor to get the desired layout I am looking for but there are several people entering this data from different parts of the state. Is there a way to customize the "Add Listing" page so that it ask for very specific information and utilizes that info to create the display page for a set layout.

The second question is that we would like to have the ability to move a Active Listing to an Archived Directory that would be called "Adopted" Moves the listing from "Available" to "Adopted" using the same information already utilized?

Hope I am not dreaming here and that this would be possible.

• aecnu

Greetings rich_shamus_wertin,

Thank you for the details of your on going project which are certainly appreciated.

Regarding possibilities, in the coding world anything is possible when one is a competent coder with a vision and the will to get the job done - and I am not a coder.

Though custom coding is beyond the scope of the support we provide here, we do try to help if we can and would never withhold an answer that we are aware of.

With that said please check out the Directory plugins usage page, specifically the section on Creating User Defined Custom Fields which is what I believe you want to accomplish and should get the job done for you.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a GREAT weekend ahead!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.