Help with Domain Mapping to dedicated IP

Hello, I have a dedicated IP 174.120.129.105 for my domain myfitbodybiz.com. I am trying to get Domain Mapping to work but if you go to the IP address it goes to an empty directory. My host is HostGator and they are telling me that I need to input the custom domain for each user manually in my cPanel. Shouldn't a new user simply be able to add an "A record" for their domain, and then use your Domain Mapping plugin to setup the rest? Without any input from me?

Thanks
Chris

• aecnu

Greetings Chris,

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with your WordPress installation and the Domain Mapping plugin with Host Gator.

Thank you for the great questions:

Shouldn't a new user simply be able to add an "A record" for their domain, and then use your Domain Mapping plugin to setup the rest?

You are absolutely correct and spot on with that statement.

Without any input from me?

Once again absolutely right on the money!

The problem is their server configuration like many and since it is the foundation of your MultiSite installation the most important item.

I cannot configure their servers for them but I do know a permanent solution, does not have 24/7 support but you will not need it - and I cannot say it myself but Imperative Ideas (Ian) can and did: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/server-load?replies=9#post-398757

If you have any further questions please let us know.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.