Help with FrameMarket theme- must it effect the whole site?

I have marketpress for my website. I want to be able to have a store on the website, but not have the whole website be a store. I wanted an extension that would allow me to have a pretty theme for the marketpress store pages, but in talking with the person who does our tech installs he thinks that there is no way to install framemarket ONLY on the store pages, but that i would have to integrate that theme into the whole website, and we do not want to do that. This theme was advertised as an extension to the wordpress plugin, and there was no indication that I would have to make my entire website into a framemarket theme. If that is the case, I think I should be able to get a refund. I certainly would like to get a different theme at least, that does what I want it to do.

• Vaughan

Hi @anna,

Yes it's a full theme designed for use with marketpress. Wordpress only allows 1 theme to be installed at a time.

The only way I can think of to suit your situation would be to create a multisite.

You can then have a subsite for your marketpress store which could then use the URL store.yourdomain.com you can then have the framemarket theme on the store site.

This would allow you to have a different theme on your main site that isn't part of the store. Basicly your store and main site are 2 different sites, but they're on the same network (multisite) so you can control them both from just your 1 single login.

Hope this helps.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.