Help with Google Analytics

I pasted my Google Analytics tracking id into the plugin but Google says the tracking code has not been detected. What am I doing wrong?

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello infinitenothing,

Please correct me if I am wrong, but to the best of my knowledge, the Infinite SEO plugin doesn't have Analytics code integration. If you are talking about the "Google site verification code" box in the Sitemaps tab, it isn't the Analytics code, but the code that Google Webmasters tool gives for site verification.

Isn't this so? Do Let me know!

• infinitenothing
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Well, I have tried both codes from google. Everything worked fine with analytics while the site was redirected. Then I removed the redirect and installed a premium theme and this plugin. Now it does not work at all? I will try removing the file I originally uploaded for site verification. I will provide an update when I get this working.

• infinitenothing
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Weird. I checked it maybe an hour ago and still no results. Now, everything is working fine. You were correct, the code I needed for google was the long code I uploaded to verify my site initially and not the "Tracking ID". I just copied the numeric string into the box in infiniteSEO plugin and everything is going smoothly. Just took a couple hours for analytics to provide data. For anyone else that may not see data in their analytics, once this is set up properly, you will see under admin/tracking code (in google analytics) that your status is "receiving". Then just be patient.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.