Help with Multisite Blogname Title and custom image

I'm trying to set up a blog portal multisite with the theme Newspaper 7.

I found information online that on multisite the users share the theme files. I need help to customize the index.php file to include a string to fetch the blogname title.

The blogs will use the header menu from the main theme and then I want help to show the blog name and a custom header image for the blogs.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Marie,

I found information online that on multisite the users share the theme files.

Not users per se, but there is only one plugin and themes directory for whole network. So one theme can be used on multiple subsites without duplication files.

The blogs will use the header menu from the main theme and then I want help to show the blog name and a custom header image for the blogs.

In that case you will need to hardcode that menu in theme files because usually themes are taking menu from settings in Appearance -> Menu (bad themes are not doing that). So all your subsites will have own menu.
    If your theme has option to set custom header image and blog name then you don't need do any changes in theme files, just activate theme on your blogs.

However after consideration - if you need only that subsites menus had links to main site pages then you can use custom links in menu on that subsites and paste urls to main site - this would need to be done on each blog, but then you don't need to mess with code of header of your theme.

Unfortunately without seeing how this theme looks (this is paid theme and I don't have access to it) I cant say this will work for it.
    I can say more if you grant support access.
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.