Help with posting to twitter

Hi
The plugin is working but I can´t get it to post to the teitter account. It postet ok to facebook but not twitter. Could you help me with this?

Thanks

• aecnu

Greetings laura_rodriguez,

Sorry to hear that you are having an issue with Twitter and this plugin.

Have you triple checked your Twitter credentials?

Are you running any other social type plugins?

If so have you performed standard troubleshooting protocol by any chance?

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol - first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem - if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting. You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

• Laura

Hi Aecnu

Thank you for the troubleshooting guide. I started to check twitter app. I noticed that the Application type Access was set as "Read only". I supposed that was the cause and I change it to "Read, Write and Access direct messages"

Now I´m getting the comments posted into twitter. But I was just guessing on what type of access I must grant to avoid any privacy issues. Which of these?

Read and Write
    Read, Write and Access direct messages

Note that I´m using the Social Discussion addon that supposedly synchronizes the relevant discussion from social networks in a separate tab on my page.

I didn´t find in the plugin documentation those instructions, I think the instructions need to be more clear.

Thanks

• aecnu

Greetings laura_rodriguez,

Thank you so much for letting me know and for the additional feedback.

One of the issues with documentation is that prior to about 6 months ago, for years there was not any. When the lead developers created them the members did not understand them.

Now the support team or a portion thereof has taken on this monumental task and there is a million times more documentation then before. Now someone is constantly working on documents but now updates and new features are beating that production.

Therefore it is my opinion that the documents need to be maintained by both the support team and the developer team adding what was updated or added to the plugin.

However, I promise you that they are much better now then they were in the previous years (none or extremely little like two sentences) and now we are working on improving them further - there are 300+ products to deal with here.

But I was just guessing on what type of access I must grant to avoid any privacy issues. Which of these?

I would have to say that there is no such thing as privacy with Twitter or any other Social media posts and I think the Supreme Court would uphold that there is no expectation of privacy to Twitter posts or the like.

Therefore the choice is yours :smiley:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.