Help with Pro Sites and login

Hi can you guys help i noticed that when i login on the site it takes me to the Wp Admin dashboard is this normal for it to do or is it just doing it because im admin where should it take a user ???

• David
    • Flash Drive

I could give you the answer, but I'll do you one better: make yourself a test user. You really should have a test user so you can see what users see. Otherwise you're just guessing in the dark and that can cause all kinds of chaos when it doesn't match up with reality.

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Carl,

I hope you are well today. Thank you for your question.

David is spot on with his reply. As a matter of best practice, you should always create a test sub-site and test user to see how everything flows for your users.

That being said, yes, the default behavior is for the user to be redirected back to the wp-admin of their sub-site after login. However, this behavior can be changed by using the Login Redirect plugin.

Let's give a scenario here... Say you are using the New Blog Templates plugin to create a "Welcome" page for all of your sub-sites. The permalink to that page is /welcome/.

• Install Login Redirect through the WPMU DEV Dashboard and activate it
    • Go to Network Admin -> Settings
    • Scroll down to the bottom where it says "Redirect to"
    • Enter just the end part of the permalink you want them to redirect to, like so:
      /welcome/
    • Click Save Changes

When the user logs into their website, they will automatically be redirected to http://theirdomain.tld/welcome/.

I hope this clarifies things a bit. Please let me know if you have any further questions. I'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.