Help with restore a managed backup.

My site was moved to a new host. I tried to install the backup from the snapshot. The snapshot and zip file is too big to upload in my site. I have the backups downloaded onto my PC. Please help me with the restore process!

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Michelle,

Hope you're doing well.

I was checking your chat and as I understand this is a full backup of your site, created via Managed Backup option, but you're using the Import tool to import it and restore it as a regular snapshot.

Regular Snapshots are different from Managed Backups, and you can't restore Managed Backup as a regular snapshot.

In order to restore Managed Backup you will need to upload the backup file and snapshot installer script in your root folder, which needs to be empty.
    After that navigate to yourdomain.com/snapshot-installer.php and follow the instructions from there.

Please note that Snapshot is not a migration tool, and even though we had a number of successful cases of working this way we can't guarantee that it will work.
    We are working on migration specific plugin as you can see on our Roadmap page here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/roadmap/

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.