Help with setting up directory

Looks like the detailed installation instructions page is being redirected back to the description page.

If I add custom fields through custom press, how do I get them to display on the profile page? Do I need to change the css? How do I determine whether they would also appear on the preview view?

is there a way to have a list of categories and a list of those businesses that are in those categories appear on the main page in place of or in addition to the search box?

thanks!

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey there,

The Custom Fields created through CustomPress would be shown along with the Directory listing automatically. There are options on how to display them in the Directory Setting, check it out. (under Listings > settings > Custom Field Options)

The second half of your question, something like that is done in the default theme provided with Directory, you can find the theme in :

\wp-content\plugins\directory\themes\default\

Try it out as well. Good luck!

• willritter
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm not seeing the custom press fields showing up anywhere in directory. I tried all three options in the custom field options settings.

Would be great if there were setup instructions somewhere.

I'll try changing the default theme to show the listings, but have a feeling I may need to hire someone to do this for me if anyone has an interest in this work.

• willritter
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks again, Arun.

When you say default theme, do you mean the directory theme? That is what I'm using. Is there an extra step of inserting into the template (what exactly are you referring to by template) the embed codes? I thought this was not necessary with the directory theme.

Thanks,

Will

• willritter
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Would you guys be willing to create a second directory download with the custom press fields already activated? This way we could fill them out and they would automatically show up as you suggest? Perhaps create an example page showing the properly formatted page of a multiple field post.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.