Help With Smush Pro: Server error status: Internal Server Error [500]

Hi uploaded the normal Smush and it uploaded fine. Then when i tried to upload the pro the following message came up Server error status: Internal Server Error [500]

Thank you advance.

• James Morris

Hello Muchaneta,

Hello Denver Prophit Jr.,

I hope you are well today.

It sounds like you are trying to install WP Smush Pro without removing the WP Smushit (free) plugin first. What you need to do is go into Admin -> Plugins and deactivate the free Smush plugin (do not delete from there).

Then, login to your server via FTP and navigate to wp-content/plugins/ and remove the wp-smushit folder.

Once you have done this, you will be able to install WP Smush Pro through the WPMU DEV Dashboard.

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Jaime

Hi! I have followed the above directions and cannot remove the Smushit folder from the FTP server. I keep getting these commands:

Status: Deleting 4 files from "/var/www/wilsonclinical.com/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/Wpsmushit"
    Command: rm "/var/www/wilsonclinical.com/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/Wpsmushit/license.txt"
    Error: rm /var/www/wilsonclinical.com/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/Wpsmushit/license.txt: permission denied
    Command: rm "/var/www/wilsonclinical.com/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/Wpsmushit/readme.txt"
    Error: rm /var/www/wilsonclinical.com/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/Wpsmushit/readme.txt: permission denied
    Command: rm "/var/www/wilsonclinical.com/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/Wpsmushit/wp-smush.php"
    Error: rm /var/www/wilsonclinical.com/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/Wpsmushit/wp-smush.php: permission denied

Please help! Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.