Help with some things.

Hey Guys!

I don’t know if I’m too dummie or something else… But I’m having a lot of difficult to work with WPMU.

Is the first time I work just with WPMU, I worked with the single wordpress installation to some blogs I had, and with BuddyPress.

So, I activated the WPMU in subdomain, everything is working very fine, but… I’ve got some trouble with plugins and themes.

In my WPMU project I want a blog network that my users can create sites for free with simple plugins, and they can purchase premium features.

In the first and only membership plan called “Free”, people can subscribe in the main site and create a sub site for free with some free plugins and one theme.

The problem is that, when I activate your membership plugin on the network dashboard all the users can see the membership tab on dashboard, if I activate one theme on the network all the sub blogs use that theme, but the users can see all other themes, and there’s some themes I don’t want they see, as well as I don’t want the see some plugins even if I activated them…

I activated the adminimize plugin to hide some dashboard things, plugins and theme, but this plugin just hide on the main site, if I want to hide some parts of the dashboard or hide some theme or plugin I’ll have to do it site for site manually…

I don’t know if I was clear with my needs, but I think I did not understand yet how to work with WPMU…

Someone could help me how to understand and do what I need?

Thanks Guys!

Derek

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Derekmelo,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Someone could help me how to understand and do what I need?

After reading your goals in your post above I think you would be best served by using the Pro Sites plugin to achieve this goal.

Not only does the Pro Sites plugin control your levels of membership, it also processes the member recurring payments and will allow you to set what plugins and themes that are available to your clients based on levels you have created.

I hope this helps and puts you on the right track to you successful membership to your network.

Thanks again for being a WPMU Dev member.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Derekmelo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi aecnu!

Thanks for answer my issue!

But I read the membership and pro sites page and I read that this 2 plugins are complementary to each other… So… I did not understand how this two plugins are integrated, can you explain me please?

For example, the membership plugin has an add-on to gravity forms, that I use to build a better subscription form to my users, how can I integrate this to Pro-Sites?

What I understood about the Pro-Site plugin is that I can set premium features to user to buy to their sites, but about the subscription and membership levels I did not understand how this plugin can do that.

Thanks

• Derekmelo

Another Issue:

Why when a new user subscribe to my network on “my sites” tab appears their site and the main site? I really want to take this off, someone knows how can I do that?

Guys, I’m completely lost in WPMU…

Thanks

• Han
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Derekmelo,

But I read the membership and pro sites page and I read that this 2 plugins are complementary to each other… So… I did not understand how this two plugins are integrated, can you explain me please?

> User uses pro site subscription to create a new sub site. Then if membership plugin is activated, the ProSite subscriber can use the membership plugin to run a membership site. You’ll need to setup domain mapping plugin to have your own domain.

Why when a new user subscribe to my network on “my sites” tab appears their site and the main site? I really want to take this off, someone knows how can I do that?

> Please try to subscribe using different email address.

Cheers

• Derekmelo

Of course I’m using different e-mail addresses!

My super admin user is @hotmail, and I subscribed to create an sub site test on the main site using gravity forms add-on, with a @gmail e-mail domain, and another with my own domain and “all” of this subscriptions has in my sites tab the main site and the sub site created with the subscription.

Unto now I’ve deactivated the membership plugin and activated just the Pro-Sites, and the other plugin I’ve activated is just the directory plugin to use on the main site with its theme…

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Derekmelo,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.