Help with styling protected content page and form please

Hi again guys,

You've all been really helpful so far with getting this plugin styled for us but I have some further questions please:

We need to
a. Style the protected content table on this page: http://lighthouseinternationalgroup.com/register-2/ and

b. Add fields to the registration form in a way that doesn't involve too much coding as I am a relative newbie with CSS. Could you help?

Regarding a. Is there any way to get the button, the price and the title into 1 or 2 rows instead of 3 rows? I would like the heading text to be H2 and also to put the word "monthly" next to the price but not sure how..I also want the button on the registration form to look like the blue submit buttons that you styled for us too.

In terms of b. I've tried to install buddypress to change the signup form but haven't had much luck as adding profile fields doesn't seem to change the protected content registration form.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Adam

• Michelle Shull

Hey there, Adam!

I'm not seeing the Protected Content shortcode rendering on that page, I just see the shortcodes themselves. Would you mind allowing support access so we can take a closer look? If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

I can fix the CSS issues for you, no problem.

As to adding extra fields to the registration form, you've got a couple of options here. We can change styling with CSS, but we can't add text or fields without some underlying code to style.

1. You can use BuddyPress, which has an extended profile feature that allows you to ask for more information about your users.
    2. You can use Gravity Forms User Registration Add On (only available with a dev license) to create a custom registration page.

Thanks, Adam!

• Adam Wallis

Seem to be encountering another issue Michelle :grinning:

When a user signs up to the free membership and registers their account we get this error and also our home page doesn't seem to be loading now at all!

http://lighthouseinternationalgroup.com/register-2/?action=register_user&step=process_purchase&membership_id=17240&ms_relationship_id=17321&gateway=free&_wpnonce=c7ba94174c

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Adam!

Regarding the form thanks, Tyler also recommended using Buddypress and I managed to add an extra field to the profile page but not sure how to do all of that to make it sync with the registration form. Can you help on that front at all?

We need to do a little trick here. With Protected Content installed, you have a page PC assigned to Registration. Go to Settings > BuddyPress> Settings > Pages and point the BuddyPress registration page to the page Protected Content created. Now, you should have the custom BuddyPress fields you added on the registration page.

Also we seem to have an issue whereby the headers on the pages are not loading now while this plugin is active, is there anything you can see that may be wrong? The headers load when we are logged in but not when you are not...

I'm seeing headers on your home and about pages, should I be looking somewhere else? Did you find a solution for this issue?

Also Michelle, could we use Contact form 7 for our registration form in a simple way without too much coding?

Without some custom code, I don't think so. Gravity Forms has a specific form they create that ties into the default WP registration process in all the right places - I don't think Contact Form 7 has that kind of power at this point in time. The custom registration page is a surprisingly small market, there are only a handful of plugin devs that are addressing it.

When a user signs up to the free membership and registers their account we get this error and also our home page doesn't seem to be loading now at all!

http://yoursite.com

Internal Server Error

The dreaded Internal Server Error! This very common error can be caused by a laundry list of things. In WordPress, it's usually limited to one of two.

1. A corrupt .htaccess file. You can test and fix this in less than five minutes. Log in to your server via FTP, and rename your current .htaccess file, which will be in the root of your WordPress installation directory, alongside wp-config.php and your standard WordPress folders.

Try testing the membership sign up again. If it throws another internal server error, we know this was't the issue. Either rename your .htaccess back to its original name, or resave your permalinks to generate a new one. If the error is gone, just follow part two, and resave your permalinks to generate a new file.

2. Your PHP memory limit may be exhausted. We cover that in a blog post, here, under the first problem: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/ten-of-the-most-common-wordpress-problems-and-their-solutions/

Hope this helps!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.